It is estimated that about 70% of the population will experience neck and back pain at some point in their life time.
- Chronic back pain can last a life time and can affects activities of daily living.
- Some treatment options mask the pain with medications.
- Surgery is considered as last resort.
- Non-surgical pain relief – spinal decompression therapy as part of a comprehensive treatment plan for chronic back pain.
What is Spinal decompression Therapy (SDT)?
- SDT is a computer-guided mechanical device to apply carefully controlled cycles of gentle stretching and relaxation movements to help expand the space between vertebrae in your back.
- These spaces can be narrowed as degraded or damaged disc move out of positioned distort the normal positioning of structure within your spine.
- SDT is based on principles of spinal traction. But unlike fixed traction. SDT offers a cyclic stretching and relaxation action which helps prevent muscle spasm and enables damaged or degraded discs to move back to normal position.
- As is open the space between vertebrae, SDT also promotes healing by pulling nutrient rich fluids back into damaged disc.
Conditions you can treat with SDT
- Degenerative disc disease
- Facet syndromes
- Herniated and bulging discs
- Sciatica and other condition related to nerve impingement.
- Spinal stenosis (Narrowing of spinal canal)
- Worn spinal joints (Posterior facet syndrome)
Is SDT safe?
- SDT is a safe and often very effective in treating chronic back pain without surgery.
Contraindications for SDT
- Certain types of cancer
- Spinal fusion
- Fractures of spine
Sessions required for SDT & Duration
- Each session takes 30-45 minutes.
- Good result expected after 10-20 sessions.
Non-surgical Spinal decompression is a type of motorized traction that may help relieve back pain.
- SDT works by gently stretching the spine.
- That changes the force and position of spine.
- The changes take pressure off the spinal discs by creating negative pressure in the disc.
- As a result, bulging or herniated discs may retract, taking pressure off nerves and other structures in your spine.
- It helps to promote movement of water, oxygen, and nutrient rich fluids into the discs so they can heal.