Dr. Sajjad Ali is our visiting Physician Consultant in Neurology & Clinical Neurophysiology from Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. Dr. Ali’s special interests include Clinical-Electrodiagnosis of neuromuscular problems including nerve entrapment neuropathies (Carpal Tunnel Syndrome), cervical and lumbosacral radiculopathies, traumatic nerve injuries, facial nerve palsy (Bell’s Palsy), and diabetic neuropathies. Dr. Sajjad Ali provides consultation for patients with general neurology problems, including migraines, epilepsy and movement disorders.
Dr. Ali completed his “Certificate of Completion of Training” (CCT) in Clinical Neurophysiology from the West Midlands Deanery, UK in 2009 and then worked as a Physician Consultant at the Queen Elizabeth Hospital Birmingham (QEHB) until 2015, when he moved to Riyadh. Dr. Ali completed his Neurology training earlier at the Aga Khan University Hospital, Karachi, Pakistan. Dr. Ali continues to practice as a visiting Consultant in the UK and U.A.E.
Dr. Sajjad Ali has been involved with training and teaching residents both in the UK and KSA. He was accredited Educational Supervisor by the Royal College of Physicians (RCP) and is responsible for post graduate training in Clinical Neurophysiology and regularly conducts training sessions, webinars and CME workshops in Clinical Neurophysiology.
- Consultations in wide range of Neurological disorders, including Neuromuscular disorders, Epilepsy, Headaches – Migraines, Movement disorders,
- Electroencephalography (EEG) – Routine and Sleep deprived – for patients with epilepsy, absence seizures, for evaluation of episodes of unconsciousness.
- Nerve conduction studies (NCS) / Electromyography (EMG) – entrapment neuropathy: carpal tunnel syndrome (CTS), cubital tunnel syndrome (ulnar nerve), traumatic nerve injuries, brachial plexopathy, cervical and lumbosacral radiculopathy, Bell’s palsy and diabetic neuropathy.
- Repetitive Nerve Stimulation (RNS) – neuromuscular junction disorders (Myasthenia Gravis)
- Blink Reflex Testing
- EMG-guided Botox injections
- MBBS; FCPS – Neurology (Pakistan); CCT – Clinical Neurophysiology (UK)
- British Society for Clinical Neurophysiology (BSCN)
- British Peripheral Nerve Society (BPNS)
- American Society of Clinical Neurophysiology (ACNS)
- American Association of Neuromuscular & Electrodiagnostic Medicine (AANEM)
- General Medical Council (GMC), UK
- Dubai Healthcare City Authority (DHCCA)
- Saudi Commission for Health Specialties (SCFHS)