Speech and Language Therapy
Languages: English, Hindi, Urdu
Experience: 10 years
I believe every child has a RIGHT to communicate to their fullest potential, and I take pride in helping to achieve that goal. Communication is the core to our sense of self and wellbeing. The utmost significance of a child to communicate with others and
Before joining American Wellness Center, I served as a Clinical Director in a pediatric therapy clinic in DHCC.
I am certified and/or trained by international centers such as Hanen (Toronto), PROMPT institute (Santa Fe) and Lidcombe (Australia). I graduated as a Speech-Language Pathologist from India in 2008. After few years of clinical experience, I pursued my post-graduation to enhance my clinical experience.
In my early career I practiced in Multispecialty hospital for children and adults where I provided clinical training to graduate students. After moving to UAE, I focused to make a difference in the lives of children for special needs, through helping them regain and acquire the best age appropriate communication. I enjoy doing individual and group therapy sessions, conducting screening programs in nurseries/schools and workshops for parents and teachers to promote community awareness on early recognition and intervention of communication disorders.
I have been working as a child speech-language therapist in different rehabilitation Centers in the Middle east. I specialize in assessing, evaluating and providing therapeutic intervention to children with communication difficulties. Before joining American Wellness Center, I served as a Clinical Director in a pediatric therapy clinic in DHCC.
Empowering parents to help their child communicate is of paramount importance and I enjoy training parents to facilitate their child’s communication. I strongly believe in incorporating innovative and evidence-based practices in my therapy. I strive to keep my knowledge up to date with current best practices and guideline by undertaking various trainings and attending courses and workshops.
Assessment and Individual 1:1 Speech-Language Therapy sessions for children with communication difficulties as a result of
- Speech-language delay
- Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Social communication Disorders
- Attention Deficit Hyperactive Disorder
- Cerebral Palsy
- Stammering/Stuttering and other fluency disorders
- Pediatric Voice Disorders
- Articulation &/or Phonological Disorders
- Hearing Impairments
- Cleft Lip and Palate
- Learning Difficulties
- Parent training programs for parents of young children with language delay/ disorder
- Parent training for parents go young children who stutter
- BASLP (Bachelors in Audiology and Speech-Language Pathology)
- M.S. (Audiology and Speech Language Pathology)
- Hanen Certified – More Than Words – for Parents of Young children with Autism Spectrum Disorder and Social Communication Difficulties
- PROMPT trained – PROMPTS for Restructuring Oral Muscular Phonetic Targets is a Multidimensional approach to speech production disorders
- Lidcombe Trained – Behavioral Intervention Program for Young children who stutter/stammer
- Licensed by Dubai Healthcare City Authority
- Licensed by Ministry of Health, UAE
- Member of Emirates Speech Language Pathology Society
- Licensed by Rehabilitation Council of India
Book an Appointment with Firdous Banu
For more information, please contact: , +971 50 2770888