My mission is to bring quality pediatric cardiology to all my patients, wherever they are. I have spent my life studying with esteemed pediatric cardiologists in renown institutes, and now I’m proud to share that knowledge with my patients and the UAE.
I am a dedicated pediatric cardiologist bringing experience and training to my Dubai practice. For the past two decades, I have trained and worked at some of the most highly-regarded medical schools and university hospitals in America. I’m honored to bring the UAE’s children that same high-quality pediatric cardiology care.
Education and Experience
I am accredited by the American Board of Pediatrics/Sub-board of Pediatric Cardiology and I am a Fellow of the American College of Cardiology. My Bachelors of Medicine and my first Pediatric Residency were completed at Yemen’s Sanaa University.
In 1999, I was accepted into the Pediatric Residency at the prestigious Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons in New York City. While in my residency, I received the World Health Organization award for Excellence in Pediatric Training. In 2002, I became board-certified under the American Board of Pediatrics in General Pediatrics.
I remained at Columbia University to serve as a Teaching Resident and a Fellow of Pediatric Cardiology from 2002 to 2010. During that time, in 2004, I was awarded “Teacher of the Year.” Following my pediatric board certification, I became Assistant Attending Physician in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit at the Columbia University Medical Center.
The next year, in 2005, I got accepted into the Pediatric Cardiology Fellowship program at the University of Illinois, where I received my specialization qualifications from the American Board of Pediatrics for Pediatric Cardiology. Later, in 2008, the University of Chicago Medical Center appointed me as Pediatric Cardiologist and Assistant Professor.
In 2012, the prestigious Harvard University Medical School accepted me into the Pediatric Cardiac MRI Fellowship. After that, I came to the UAE and was named Pediatric Cardiologist at the Tawam Hospital in Al Ain and, in 2013, I established KidsHeart: American Fetal and Children’s Medical Center, the regional center for diagnosis and treatment of fetuses, children, and adults with congenital and acquired heart disease.
Today, I am a member of the American Academy of Pediatrics, the American College of Cardiology. My research in Pediatric Cardiology has been published in the American Journal of Genetics and the Thoracic Cardiovascular Surgeon Journal.
I am fluent in English and Arabic, and I know some Spanish.
- Diagnosis & treatment of fetuses, children and adults with congenital & acquired heart disease
- Cardiac MRI
- Fetal Echocardiography
- Stress testing
- Non-invasive diagnostic procedures, including:
o Transthoracic echocardiography
o Transesophageal echocardiography
o Fetal echocardiography
o 12-Lead ECG
o 24-hour ECG (Holter)
- Fellowship in Pediatric Cardiac MRI, Boston Children’s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, USA, 2012
- Fellowship in Pediatric Cardiology, University of Illinois, USA, 2005 - 2008
- Board Certified, American Board of Pediatrics (Pediatric Cardiology), University of Illinois, USA, 2008
- Board Certified, American Board of Pediatrics (General Pediatrics), Columbia University, USA, 2002
- Bachelor of Medicine and Pediatric Residency Sanaa University, Yemen 1995
- Member of the American Academy of Pediatrics
- Member of the American College of Cardiology
- Lead Instructor: PALS, NALS
Doctor of Medicine:
- Licensed by the State of Indiana and State of Illinois
- Licensed by Dubai Health Authority
- Licensed by Dubai Healthcare City Authority
- Licensed by Abu Dhabi Health Authority