I strongly believe that “if a child cannot learn in the way we teach, we must teach in a way the child can learn”. This philosophy in learning is what shapes all my practices with my patients.
Theodore Roosevelt once said, “The best prize that life offer is the chance to work hard at work worth doing.” I believe that there is nothing better or more rewarding than working to improve the quality of a child’s life.
As a professional I received education from various multi-cultural institutions of international fame, and worked at many international schools and centers. My fluency in both Arabic and English languages made me well liked occupational therapist for over thirteen years, and I am still as passionate about it as the day I started.
I enjoy working with children and families, and I believe in fun-filled sessions, family involvement, client-centered therapy, and using evidence-based and holistic approach leading to effective intervention and comprehensive treatment approach.
I am looking forward to work with challenging and most difficult child behavior to maximize his/her independency in all aspects of life with great confidence.
- Occupational Therapy Consultations
- Occupational Therapy Sessions
- Feeding Therapy Sessions
- Physical Developmental Assessments
- Cognitive and Perceptual Assessments
- Handwriting Assessment and Intervention
- School and Home Environment Assessments
- School and Home Observations/Screening
- Self-Care Skills Assessment and Training
- Sensory Integration
- Brain Training and Brain Exercises
- Prevocational and Vocational Consultations/Training
- Parent and Educator Training
- Caregiver and Staff Workshops
- Professional Development Courses
- Environment (School/Home) Modification Consultations
- Workplace/Human Ergonomics Consultation
I completed my Bachelor’s Degree in Occupational Therapy at The Hashemite University in Jordan, 2004. My Master’s Degree in Education from Murdoch University, Australia, which helped me gain a better understanding of the children’s educational needs especially when moving forward and transitioning classrooms trying to ultimately achieve their inclusion in regular classes.
I have been working as an Occupational Therapist with a variety of special needs population in different parts of the world for over 13 years. I bring needed expertise to Dubai’s community at American Wellness Center. I have served children with a wide range of needs and conditions, such as Cerebral Palsy, Down’s Syndrome, Autism Spectrum
Disorders, Physical Disabilities, Intellectual Disabilities, Sensory Processing Disorder, and Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder. I have also worked in elderly health care and mental health settings, where I have used a multidisciplinary team approach in clinic. Also, I’ve worked in school-based pediatric disability services and designed and delivered trainings and workshops for teachers/educators, parents, and community support groups.
I worked in different countries such as Jordan, Kuwait, UAE, and Saudi Arabia at a variety of places including centers, hospitals, homes, and schools which makes my experience unique and exceptional.
I had trainings in Sensory Integration, NDT principles, ABA, Portage, Art Therapy, and Behavioral Modification strategies which enables me to provide children of all ages with the necessary tools to develop and maximize their potential.
As an active professional in the UAE, I enjoy regularly supporting community awareness and education. I frequently present at conferences and provided lectures and workshops in a variety of forums for health professionals, teachers, parents, and caregivers.
I’m a certified Occupational Therapist licensed in Jordan, Saudi Arabia, and Dubai.
Qualifications and Affiliations:
- BSc in Occupational Therapy, The Hashemite University, Jordan
- Master of Education, Murdoch University, Australia
- IB Certificate of Teaching and Learning, IB Organization, Geneva
- Jordan: Licensed by the Ministry of Health.
- Saudi Arabia: Licensed by the Saudi Council for Health Specialties.
- UAE: Licensed by Dubai Healthcare City Authority.