As Clinical Scientist Lorimer Moseley once wrote,
For more than 20 years, I practiced medicine in the United Kingdom as a specialist in pain and anesthesia. I am considered an expert in complex pain management, including cancer pain care and treating spine-related pain conditions, and I’m proud I help people manage and overcome their pain.
My career began as a Member of College of Physicians & Surgeons in Anesthesiology in Pakistan, where I completed my medical degree. Over the next five years, I earned my place as a Fellow in the UK’s Royal College of Anesthesiologists, which I did at Whipps Cross Hospital in London, Basildon Hospital in Essex, and the St. Andrews Center for Plastic Surgery and Burns. From 2001 to 2003, I furthered my speciality of anesthesiology with specialist registrar postings in obstetrics anesthesia, cardio-thoracic anesthesia, intense care and chronic pain, pediatric anesthesia, and neurological anesthesia, in Essex and London, including at Royal London Hospital and St. Bartholomew’s Hospital.
In Middlesex, I served as Consultant in Pain Medicine and Anesthesia from 2004 to 2008. Then, in 2008, I had the opportunity to join Dubai Hospital, where I led developments in new pain-related services for all their acute, chronic, and cancer pain management needs. Beyond that, I provided Dubai Hospital with anesthetic services for a wide range of procedures in many of their departments, including ENT, ophthalmology, urology, general medicine, dental, gynecology, obstetrics, orthopedics, and vascular surgery.
In 2007, the United Kingdom’s Faculty of Royal College of Anesthesia welcomed me into their Fellowship of Pain Medicine. From 2011 to 2016, I spearheaded the creation and direction of the American Spine Center, where I advised fellow clinicians, and treated patients with chronic pain related to nervous or spinal conditions, as well as low-back pain.
Today, I practice in Dubai Healthcare City as a Pain Medicine Specialist. In addition, oversee patient referrals for pain management and provide consultation at Dubai Bone & Joint. I am honored to bring my complete services to the American Wellness Center, where I hope to help more patients live pain-free lives. I’m fluent in both English and Urdu.
Specialties & Services
I proudly offer consultation, counseling, pharmacological solutions, interventional pain blocks, acupuncture, TENS, and IDD Therapy for a wide range of issues.
Among my numerous specialties are my Decompression Treatments for back and neck pain related to disc and facet pathologies. This protocol has seen me successfully treat, or help improve, these conditions without surgery in about 80% of cases.
The spectrum of services I provide includes:
- Neck & Back Pain
- Pain Related t Herniated r Bulging Discs
- Wrk-Related Injuries
- Facial and TMJ Pain
- Mtr Vehicle Accidents
- Phantm Pain frm Amputatins
- Reflex Sympathetic Dystrphy (RSD)
- Cmplex Reginal Pain Syndrme (CRPS)
- Sympathetically Mediated Pain
- Pst-Surgical Pain
- Pst-Trauma Pain
- Pst Herpetic Neuralgia
- Extremity Pain
- Disk Degeneratin
- Facet Pain
- Trigger Point Injections
- Radiofrequency Nerve Ablation
- Spinal Stensis
- rthpaedic Cnditins
- Trigeminal Neuralgia
- Chrnic, Cancer, and Acute Pain
- Epidural Sterid Injectins (Cervical, Thracic, Lumbar, and Caudal)
- Transframinal Epidural Sterid Injectins
- Peripheral Nerve Blcks
- Jint Injectins
- Stellate Ganglin Blcks
- Radifrequency Ablatin
- Sympathetic Blcks
- Cntinuus Catheter Placement
- Facet Jint Blcks (Cervical, Thracic, Lumbar, Caudal, Sacriliac Jint Injectins)
- Trigeminal and Suprarbital Nerve Blcks
- ccipital Nerve Blcks
- Trigger Pint Injectins
- Radifrequency Nerve Ablatin
- FFPMRCA (2007)
- FRCA, UK (1996)
- MCPS, Anesthesiology, College of Physicians and Surgeons of Pakistan (1991)
- Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery, University of Sindh, Pakistan (1982)
- Member of The Royal College of Anesthetists.
- Member of The Pain Society UK
- Member of Emirates Medical Association.
- Member of American Society of Regional Anesthesia.
DHCC. Licensed by Dubai Healthcare City , Dubai, UAE.