European and French Board Certified Consultant Clinical Genetics
I am a European and French Board Certified Consultant of Clinical Genetics working in Dubai Healthcare City (DHCC). I graduated from Ain Shams University, Faculty of Medicine in 1995. I had my fellowship of Clinical, Molecular and Chromosomal Medical Genetics in Bordeaux II University in France from 1998-2002.
I have more than fifteen (15) years experience in the field of Medical Genetics in France, Egypt and UAE. And I have been an Assistant Professor at Ain Shams University, Cairo, Egypt. I’ve made a lot of publications peer reviewed PubMed-indexed journals. I got lot of diplomas and researches in the field of chromosomal, molecular and clinical genetics.
My center of excellence is in consultation of the genetic causes for congenital malformation, dysmorphic children and developmental delay or autism, infertility and repeated miscarriage as well as oncogenetics.
I am licensed as a Consultant of Clinical Genetic in the UAE (Dubai Healthcare City and Dubai Health Authority) and in France.
I can speak fluently in English, French and Arabic.
Medical clinical genetics services including but not limited to diagnosis, management and prevention of genetic diseases:
- Increased risk for chromosomal abnormalities.
- A fetal abnormality is identified on ultrasound scan.
- A family is at risk for a fetal abnormality.
- Prenatal noninvasive testing (NIPT) or invasive testing (CVS/amniocentesis) is offered or requested.
- Prenatal diagnosis of a known familial genetic condition is requested. The
- Concern about exposure to drugs, medication, chemicals or radiation that might cause congenital conditions.
- Preconception genetic counseling
- Genetic counseling and testing for adult conditions and cancer susceptibility genes are provided after assessment of the Medical reports and the family history.
Medical clinical genetics services for the following conditions:
- Delayed or absent puberty
- Recurrent miscarriages
- Advanced maternal age
- A High-risk pregnancy due to abnormal screening results
- Familial cancer
- Marriage within the family
- Family history of a genetic condition
- Family members with intellectual disability and/or developmental delay
- Carriers of a faulty gene such as cystic fibrosis or thalassemia.
- Changes in an individual’s genetic material (chromosomes or genes).
- Unexplained intrauterine growth retardation
- Birth defect or physical abnormality
- Dysmorphic features (unusual physical features)
- Failure to thrive (growth problems)
- Unusual growth pattern; overgrowth, short stature
- Hearing loss or deafness
- Congenital eye defects or blindness.
- Unusual skin lesions or pigmentation
- Bachelor’s Degree of Medicine & Surgery “MBBCH” Ain Shams University, Cairo, Egypt (Nov- 1988 – Dec-1995)
- Diploma of Human Genetics and molecular biology Bordeaux University, France (Nov-1998 – Oct-1999)
- Diploma of Germinal and Somatic Cytogenetics and Diploma of Biology and molecular Pathology Bordeaux University, France Nov-1999 – Oct-2000)
- Master of Biological and Medical Sciences Bordeaux University, France (Nov-1998 – Oct-2000)
- Master’s Degree of basic medical sciences (cell biology and stem cells ) Ain Shams University, Cairo, Egypt (Nov-1997 – May-2001)
- Diploma of Fetal Medicine Bordeaux University, France (Nov-2000 – Oct-2001)
- Diploma of Methodology (Statistics) Paris IV University, Paris, France (Nov-2000 – Oct-2002)
- Diploma of specialty (DIS), (French MD, PhD), in Medical, Clinical, Chromosomal & Molecular Genetics. Bordeaux University, Bordeaux, France (Nov-1998 – Oct-2002)
- MD Degree of basic medical sciences (cell biology; stem cells and histology) Ain Shams University, Cairo, Egypt (April-2001 – Nov-2007)
- European board certification as consultant of medical genetics (April-2018 – Mar- 2023)
- Diploma of Biology and Molecular Pathology (Bordeauz II University – France)
- Diploma of Methology (Paris University, France)
- Licensed in Doctor of Medicine and Surgery, Egypt (1995)
- Licensed in Medical, Clinical, Chromosomal and Molecular Genetics, France (2002)
- Licensed as Consultant in Clinical Genetics by the Dubai Healthcare City Authority (DHCC) (since 2016)