Professor of Orthopaedics, Consultant Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgeon
Dr. Michael Weber is a world-renowned, German Board Certified Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgeon as well as a Professor of Orthopaedics and Faculty Member of the internationally acclaimed University of RWTH in Aachen, Germany.
Dr. Weber has founded the Middle East's foremost Center of Excellence for Limb Lengthening and Limb Reconstruction bringing new hope to children and adults in the region suffering from limb deficiencies, deformities or malformations.
This new Center of Excellence will serve the community with the latest limb lengthening technologies, including unilateral and ring fixators (Taylor Spatial Frame, Ilizarov) as well as fully implantable lengthening nails.
In addition to these techniques, Dr. Weber provides General Orthopaedics and Trauma Treatment, Paediatric Orthopaedics, Foot Surgery, Sports Medicine, Chiropractic, Technical Orthopaedics and Regenerative Medicine.
Dr. Weber has performed more than 10,500 surgeries in Orthopaedics and Traumatology including 2,600 surgeries in the field of Limb Lengthening and Limb Reconstruction, Dr. Weber has developed more than 20 proprietary operational techniques, and has been honoured nationally and internationally by recognized scientific and medical boards 39 times for his achievements.
Dr. Weber's primary emphasis is on patient-centered care specializing in conservative, reconstructive and constructive orthopaedic treatment.
- Consultant at Orthopaedic Department of the Ruprecht-Karls-University in Heidelberg, Germany
- Leading Consultant and Vice-Director of Orthopaedic Department at University-Hospital of the RWTH in Aachen, Germany
- Director of the Limb Reconstruction and Limb Lengthening Department at University-Hospital of the RWTH in Aachen, Germany
- Director of the Centre for Limb Lengthening and Limb Reconstruction, Special Orthopaedic Surgery, Paediatric Orthopaedics, Foot Surgery and Technical Orthopaedics at the American Hospital Dubai, UAE
- Director of Prof. Weber’s German Institute of Orthopaedic Excellence at BRMS, Dubai Health Care City, UAE
- Summa cum laude for the Doctor Thesis
- Professor title for his work about Hip Dysplasia and Hip Luxation
- 39 international honours and awards
- Honorary President of ASAMI Germany (Society for Limb Lengthening and Limb Reconstruction)
- Presidential International Advisory Board Member of Arabic Institute for Continuing Professional Development (AICPD)
German Board Certified Speciality
- Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery
- Special Orthopaedic Surgery
- Paediatric Orthopaedics
- Foot Surgery
- Sports Medicine
- Physical Therapy
- Technical Orthopaedics
- Justus-Liebig University, Giessen, Germany
- Institute of Pathology of Medical University of Luebeck, Germany
- Centre of Trauma, Reconstruction, Hand and Plastic Surgery, Burn Unit of AK-St. Georg-Hospital in Hamburg, Germany
- Orthopaedic Department of the Albert-Ludwigs-University in Freiburg, Germany
- Orthopaedic Department of the Ruprecht-Karls-University in Heidelberg, Germany
Membership & Affiliations
- Former President of ASAMI Germany (Society for Limb Lengthening and Limb Reconstruction)
- Former President of the German-Arabic¬Medical-Society
- Faculty Member of the Pan Arabic Orthopaedic Society
- International Society of Orthopaedics and Traumatology (SICOT)
- European Federation of Orthopaedics and Traumatology (EFORT)
- German Society of Orthopaedics and Traumatology (DGOT)
- Society of Paediatric Orthopaedics of Germany, Austria, Switzerland (VKO)
- Limb Lengthening and Limb Reconstruction Society of Germany (ASAMI)
- International Limb Lengthening and Limb Reconstruction Society (ASAMI-international)
- German Society of Foot Surgery (DAF)
- German Society of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery (DGPW)
- German Society of Chiropractic (DGMM)
- Published over 130 papers, 6 books and scripts in the scientific field of Orthopaedics and Trauma.
- Presented 560 oral lectures nationally and internationally
- Chairman, moderator and lecturer of workshops in more than 350 national and international symposia and congresses
- German Board Certified Orthopedic Surgeon
- Licensed by the Dubai Healthcare City Authority (DHCC), UAE